Both large and small enterprises need to ensure their data is secure. Whether it’s customers’ personal data or marketing automation, the data generated should be stored systematically. Today, most organizations are using database software when streamlining their data for various uses. Below are some of the best database software for 2021.
This easy online database tool was founded in 2010. No coding is needed for users to connect and run data. It has a remarkable customer base such as HP, Zendesk, Intel, Harvard University, Spotify, and Capital One. To use Knack, users must first structure their data with the key columns they need, including address, name, email, and phone number. Then they connect with different systems to connect their data.
The systems that connect with the data possess a robust API. Thus, they can easily integrate with current tools such as Zapier. This ensures that it has a better performance. After connecting the data, users should extend it so that it becomes essential with custom formulas. The whole process doesn’t require any deep coding.
Also Read: Technology That Makes Life Easier
This database software tool is flexible and helps small and large organizations to gather their current marketing data. It has several features, including;
- Reporting- it allows digital reporting and eliminates more than 90% of manual reporting.
- Integration- it offers incorporation with various third-party tools, including Excel, Facebook, Salesforce, BigQuery, Google Adwords, among others.
- Data Visualization- using this tool, data sets can be extracted and sent to visualization tools such as Google Sheets, Looker, and Tableau.
- Affordable- no need to hire SQL pros to understand how it works.
Advantages of Improvado
- Users can transfer their data and promptly acquire replicas of their online database
- it has an option where users can back up the software and recover data
- its data analysis is intuitive and error-free
- its engineering team play a significant role by offering client support
Disadvantages of Improvado
This database doesn’t show the latest entries when comparing analysis
Microsoft SQL Server
This database software is widely used. It’s an interactive DBMS server used to store and retrieve multiple requests simultaneously. Its key features include;
- free Trial- the Microsoft SQL server has developer and expresses versions, and it can be used for free
- Excellent Performance- raw data is delivered to other platforms and devices as an actionable insight
- Automatic plan correction- it identifies the problematic query execution to fix the issues in SQL plan performance.
Advantages of Microsoft SQL Server
- It’s more advanced compared to Microsoft Access.
- The user can easily create a brand-new database server from the beginning.
- It has a Template Explorer through which it can identify various names in the database system.
Disadvantages of Microsoft SQL Server
- It’s hard to maintain data with a particular schema.
- Long query execution takes longer than expected.
Also Read: Three Ways Technology Has Shaped the Gaming World
This open-source database system is used by most web hosting providers in their packages. Thus, it’s used by both amateur and expert web designers. Its key features include;
- Easy to apply- it has minimal risks and lower costs. It’s easier to develop, deploy and manage essential applications.
- Technical support- it has strong technical support that helps in fighting cyberattacks.
- Scalability- it offers increased scalability hence securing the database.
Advantages of MySQL
- It integrates easily with the Apache web engine.
- It’s easy to learn the foundational features even without programming knowledge.
- Small businesses can afford it because it has an affordable structure.
- Users can customize data because it’s an open-source tool that provides flexibility.
Disadvantages of MySQL
- The availability of Linux OS complicates data operation.
- Anytime the users refresh or restart the software, queries fail to respond.
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
Most digital-native organizations and users prefer this database software. It’s a Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) similar with proficient help from Amazon Web Service (AWS). It has several features, including;
- Ease of Usage- users can access server database engines such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL, or MySQL.
- Flexible- this software database allows the scaling up of computing resources
- Scalable- users can scale up database capacity as it allows database workloads
Advantages of RDS
- It has stable and robust performance.
- Users can enjoy numerous controls and features.
- Users pay for only the resources they are using at a particular time.
- Users can easily access Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL databases, among others.
Disadvantages of RDS
- Users can’t check server logs because it lacks physical servers.
- More expensive compared to other DBMS available
Also Read: Emerging Technology Trends 2020: What Are the Next Big Things in Tech?
This database software has some vital abilities in its latest version. Thus, organizations can store enterprise-scale database technology in the cloud. It has the following key features.
- Efficient- its latest version uses less space, provides robust security, a useful database, and quickly processes the user’s online database.
- Performance- query execution and wait time reduction due to the union branches with concurrent execution.
- Pluggable databases- this feature ensures that there’s low consumption of down resources.
Advantages of Oracle RDBMS
- Data is highly secured, and it also allows an efficient transactional process.
- It has several suggestions that enable developers to come up with more accurate and efficient work.
- Its performance is robust and stable.
Disadvantages of Oracle RDBMS
- It’s expensive for startup businesses.
- Its design is outdated compared to other databases.
- Customers lack plug in options.
Users are more comfortable using this database software as its connection capabilities are secure. It can connect with multiple database technologies without developing issues. It’s easy to manage and develop an Oracle database in traditional deployments or the cloud when using it. It has the following key features.
- Efficient- it’s quicker to execute multiple queries. Again, users can use several formats such as Excel, XML, PDF, and HTML to generate queries.
- Reusability- users can present definitions in various layouts by reusing queries.
- Tighter integration- when this database software connects with other database options, it forms a rigid integration.
Advantages of SQL Developer
- This database software doesn’t require installation. It can be used by copying its folder to the operating system.
- Users can access numerous database technologies.
- If users experience a bug or a malfunction, they get help from customer support.
Disadvantages of SQL Developer
- Resource manager and storage lack intuition
- Database queries keep on changing because its operating systems are automated.
IBM Informix is crucial to many businesses because it ensures that critical data is well-managed and secure. It controls the power of data through its unlimited scalability. It’s best known for its Online Transactional Processing, top performance in industries at reasonable prices. It has several key features.
- Eliminates downtime- users can meet the service level agreements without experiencing downtime due to its several capabilities.
- Real-time analytics- organizations can leverage analytics and remain connected to data sources to make significant decisions.
Advantages of IBM Informix
- Its server performance is always robust because the intuitive dashboard monitors it.
- It can connect with relational data in various data, including JSON data and geospatial data.
- The Warehouse Accelerator module and the primary engine increases its warehouse performance.
- The best option for organizations that need to control multithreaded and parallel data processing
- The Pluggable Authentication Modules can design the user’s authentication mechanism.
Disadvantages of IBM Informix
- The performance of the replication feature is low.
- Resources with their experience are limited.
Small and large organizations need robust management database software to create consistent loads of data. An efficient database management system helps users to update their data with just a few clicks. Businesses should ensure they choose the right database management system to improve their productivity and cost-efficiency.
Also Read: Artificial Intelligence: How The Current Workforce Is Affected By Technology