Objectives and key results is a critical thinking strategy that helps companies set realistic and achievable goals. Through the framework, you can align different goals and ensure that every manager and team works collaboratively on what really matters.
The framework has gained popularity, especially among tech companies, as they enhance marketing and performance.
What Do OKRs Entail?
The methodology is a simple process of aligning all your company goals connecting them with measurable results to determine progress. Notably, every OKRs strategy has an objective and the key result, meaning that any progress you make on the key results shows progress on your objective.
Remember to plan on a quarterly basis to help track the progress and introduce changes on areas that may need some improvement.
What Are The Top Benefits Of OKRs?
The framework helps you understand priorities and make transparent and informed communication about your company’s profit. The methodology is best for you if you are struggling with conventional strategies that aren’t working anymore.
Besides, you may have a problem with productivity and reaching goals. Above all, the OKRs framework is all you need if you just started your business and need to develop and grow your team.
OKRs will lead to a unified company where all employees understand what is expected of them no matter your current situation. Below are common benefits that the strategy has on the company, department, and team level.
- The company level- Implementing a suitable OKRs strategy in your company will help it move forward as the methodology suits every size and type of industry.
- Department level- The ability to envision and measure progress and success through the OKRs strategy enhances accountability and productivity across departments.
- Team level- The major benefit of the framework at the team level is bringing clarity and focus as people work together towards common objectives.
Where to Start To Improve Company Profit
The basic principle of the OKRs strategy is streamlined and straightforward as you can use a simple spreadsheet or software to define and apply it.
Below are essential steps to take when implementing the framework.
- Identify the objectives- Start with one crucial goal in the initial process, but you can add more objectives as you get comfortable with the framework.
Clearly, communicate the objectives to every member and ask them to set their unique objectives that align with the organizational goal.
- Clearly define key results- There are around three measurable key results for every objective, and you should constantly measure how close you are to achieving them.
Whether it is increasing your company’s profit or improving customer service, you should track the progress on a quarterly basis.
- Keep updating and reviewing your OKRs– Although most frameworks are set on a quarterly basis, it is always wise to revisit every week to ensure that everything is on track.
In the end, you should analyze the accomplishments and make the necessary improvements. OKRs is a sure framework if you want to improve your company’s profitability. The strategy is tested and proven to influence sales and customer service, hence its incorporation by major companies such as Amazon and Google.