Digitalization has become an important part of our lives in today’s era and mobile applications have contributed much in it. Also, with the increasing number of the smartphones all over the world, the number of mobile application users has also increased in the market. This has necessitated the development of different types of mobile applications for catering the different types of customers or we can say users. In this article, we are going to discuss about the mobile application testing and its various types. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
Mobile application testing-What is it?
There have been many instances when some certain mobile applications start having problem in them and then the problems are rectified by the concerned developers after a lot of efforts. Such kind of the incidents usually impacts the reputation and the clientele of the related organization or the mobile application developing agency. Thus, it will be better to ensure the quality of the mobile application before its official launch. It helps in preventing any kind of damage to the reputation of the company. Mobile application testing is the technique which helps in ensuring that the mobile applications which have been developed by the developers and are about to be launched in the market, are working properly. Mobile application testing is a specialized technique of testing the application’s usability, design, consistency and functionality. Almost all of the mobile application developing organizations all around the world use the mobile application testing techniques in order to ensure that there are no bugs in their specialized programmes.
Types of the mobile application testing
Functional testing: It helps in testing that whether the mobile application is working as per the requirements or not. These tests are driven by call flow and user interface.
- Laboratory testing: In this testing, the complete wireless network is simulated and this test is basically carried out by the carriers. It helps to ensure that the application is free from any kind of glitches while it performs the functions with the help of data connection.
- Memory leakage testing: memory leakage is when a computer application is not able to manage the memory it is allocated, thus resulting in bad performance of the application. These tests have a unique importance.
- Interrupt testing: An application may face many interruptions while it performs its task or function. The interruptions may be of different kinds.
- Installation testing: Installation process helps in ensuring that the mobile application is able to be installed in the device without any problem. It may cover the installation, updating and uninstalling.
- Certification testing: Under this testing, the mobile device is tested against the different guidelines set by different mobile platforms.
Apart from these tests there are some other types of the mobile application testing such as security testing, location testing, load testing, black box testing, crowdsourced testing etc. PCloudy is a famous cloud based remote mobile app which is being used for meeting the various mobile application testing needs of the organizations all around the world. It allows the testing of the iOS and android mobile applications usually on the remote REAL devices. It also provides the performance statistics of the client’s mobile application.